County Square Redevelopment Project Updates
Spring 2022Current Updates
- New County office building exterior is nearing completion. Move in for county administrative functions anticipated in Q1 of 2023.
- Initial phase of demolition has begun on former family court, health department, and DMV buildings.
- KDS chosen as broker for Multi-Family component of project.
- First three Multi-Family offerings anticipated Q2 of 2022.
- Four additional Multi-Family sites will be available in later phases
Summer 2021Site activity
Spring 2021Development updates
- State Agencies to move from County Square to Halton Road Property
- Family Court Building to be demolished and make way for 1000-car parking garage.
- Health Department Building and 300 University Ridge building to be demolished.
- The Foster and Partners designed new Greenville County office will be complete in approximately 18 months and the building will be occupied in Q1 2023.
- DMV moved to their new home.
2020Demolition and construction began
- City approved the zoning modification of the existing planned development.
- Environmental Remediation Process completed.
- Construction on County Building commenced.
2019Initial plans finalized
- Met with Urban Design Associates to discuss the City’s South Downtown Master Plan
- Represented County in acquisition of 230,000sf of Office Space on Halton Road for relocation of state agencies.
- Cooper Robertson finished the initial land plan.
- Preliminary site plans were made available during Q2 of 2019.
2018Project development team formed and agreements signed
- All partners signed their development agreements.
- Developers RocaPoint Partners/The Georgetown Company, architects Foster+Partners and Wakefield Beasley & Associates, and KDS Commercial Properties chosen as the Development Team.