Greenville, SC – KDS Commercial Properties, LLC, a Greenville-based commercial real estate firm, will be local partner for the redevelopment of Greenville County Square, located in downtown Greenville and within walking distance of major attractions such as Falls Park, Fluor Field, and the Greenville Health System Swamp Rabbit Trail.
“KDS is a respected firm in the area, and we’re thrilled to have them as a member of our team,” said Phil Mays, principal of RocaPoint Partners. “With this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to truly create a walkable environment that supports local business growth and distinct gathering places in Greenville, having a local partner is a key component to the success of the redevelopment.”
KDS has been involved in conversations with RocaPoint Partners regarding the potential project for more than a year, and together with architects Foster+Partners and Wakefield Beasley & Associates submitted a redevelopment plan that includes three million square feet of new Class A office, retail, hotel, residential and public space. The team worked closely with County Council and their staff to carefully construct a plan that would result in a smart urban environment.
“This project will certainly be another transformative step forward in keeping with the values of scale, green space, accessibility and public interaction that continue to make Greenville a very special place in the Southeast,” said Mark Masaschi, CCIM, KDS Principal. “Greenville deserves a project of this class and character, and we’re proud to be a part of a team that shares the same values and dedication to Greenville.”
In the Press
- Neighbors patient as $1 billion redevelopment of County Square proceeds quietly
- KDS Commercial Properties To Be Local Partner For Greenville’s County Square Redevelopment Project
- Developer chosen for $1 billion County Square redevelopment
- Greenville County Council green-lights $1B redevelopment of 37 acres downtown
- RocaPoint Partners to Lead $1B Mixed-Use Redevelopment in Upstate South Carolina
- Greenville County Council announces 'game changing' billion-dollar redevelopment project
- Greenville County chooses Atlanta developer for $1.1 billion County Square redevelopment
- Firm hired for $1 billion County Square development in Greenville
- What costs $1 billion
The impressive and visionary redevelopment plan RocaPoint delivered to County Council was well received from the start, and county council members and staff have been meticulous, careful and protective to act on the best interest of Greenville county residents.
The project is going to have a $1.1-billion impact on the local economy and create a more walkable environment to further support local business growth, as well as providing a distinct gathering place for residents and visitors.