County Square Redevelopment
—Growing in Greenville
KDS joins the development team for Greenville's University Ridge redevelopment.
Mark Masaschi, partner at KDS Commercial Properties, a Greenville-based commercial real estate firm, will be local partner for the redevelopment of University Ridge, located in downtown Greenville and within walking distance of major attractions such as Falls Park, Fluor Field, and the Greenville Health System Swamp Rabbit Trail.
“KDS is a respected firm in the area, and we’re thrilled to have them as a member of our team,” said Phil Mays, principal of RocaPoint Partners. “With this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to truly create a walkable environment that supports local business growth and distinct gathering places in Greenville, having a local partner is a key component to the success of the redevelopment.”
KDS has been involved in conversations with RocaPoint Partners regarding the potential project since 2018, and together with architects Foster+Partners and Wakefield Beasley & Associates submitted a redevelopment plan that includes three million square feet of new Class A office, retail, hotel, residential and public space. The team worked closely with County Council and their staff to carefully construct a plan that would result in a smart urban environment.
This project will certainly be another transformative step forward in keeping with the values of scale, green space, accessibility and public interaction that continue to make Greenville a very special place in the Southeast. Greenville deserves a project of this class and character, and we’re proud to be a part of a team that shares the same values and dedication to Greenville.
"The project is going to have a $1.1-billion impact on the local economy and create a more walkable environment to further support local business growth, as well as providing a distinct gathering place for residents and visitors."
Principal of RocaPoint Partners
"The impressive and visionary redevelopment plan RocaPoint delivered to County Council was well received from the start, and county council members and staff have been meticulous, careful and protective to act on the best interest of Greenville county residents."
Mark Masaschi, CCIM
KDS Partner & University Ridge Redevelopment Partner
Summer 2021Current activity
Spring 2021Development updates
- State Agencies to move from County Square to Halton Road Property
- Family Court Building to be demolished and make way for 1000-car parking garage.
- Health Department Building and 300 University Ridge building to be demolished.
- The Foster and Partners designed new Greenville County office will be complete in approximately 18 months and the building will be occupied in Q1 2023.
- Moved the DMV to their new home on Edgeworth Street and the former Fluor buildings on Halton Road are on track to become home to the various state agencies relocating from the University Ridge site.
2020Demolition and construction began
- City approved the zoning modification of the existing planned development.
- Demolition of Cobb Tire.
- Environmental Remediation Process completed.
- Construction on County Building commenced.
2019Initial plans finalized
- Met with Urban Design Associates to discuss the City’s South Downtown Master Plan
- Represented County in acquisition of 230,000sf of Office Space on Halton Road for relocation of state agencies.
- Cooper Robertson finished the initial land plan.
- Preliminary site plans were made available during Q2 of 2019.
2018Project development team formed and agreements signed
- All partners signed their development agreements.
- Developers RocaPoint Partners/The Georgetown Company, architects Foster+Partners and Wakefield Beasley & Associates, and KDS Commercial Properties chosen as the Development Team.
County Square Redevelopment in the News
Get more information about the University Ridge/County Square Redevelopment
For more information about this project, fill out the form on this page or contact one of the project leaders:
Mark Masaschi, CCIM | Senior Partner & Development Specialist | KDS Commercial Properties
firstname.lastname@example.org | 864-479-8769
James Dean | Roca Point Project Manager